Sage One Accounting allows you to import certain company data. You can only import customer, supplier, item and asset data, excluding transactions.
To access the Import Data function, go to the Company Menu and select the Import Data option.
The following screen displays when you select to import data:
To import data, follow the next few steps:
- Select the type of data that you want to import into your Accounting company. It is very important to select the correct type of data because if you select the incorrect type you might end up corrupting your data.
- In the CSV File Date Format field, select the way your dates display in your file you are about to import. Accounting will convert the dates to the date format of your company, once it is imported.
- In the CSV Import File field, click on the Browse button to find your file that you want to import. This file must be in a comma separated values (.csv) file format.
- You create a .csv file in the following way:
- Open the data you wish to import in a Spreadsheet application, for example Microsoft Excel. The process using Microsoft Excel is described here. If you are not using Microsoft Excel, please refer to the Help file of your Spreadsheet application for accurate steps to save data in .csv format.
- Click on File…Save as.
- The Save as screen displays.
- In the File Name field, enter the name of your data file.
- In the Save as type field, select the .csv file option from the drop down menu.
- Click on Save.
- If your data file contains column headings, check the My CSV import file contains column headings check box. If your data file does not contain headings, leave the box unticked.
Tip: It is much easier to map your data if it contains column headings. If your data does not have column headings, take a moment to insert headings by inserting a new row above your data whilst working in your spreadsheet application.
- Click on the Next button.
- The following screen displays:
- You need to tell the system which field on the import file corresponds to which field in the software.
- The first column displays the names of the fields in the system.
- The second column displays fields in the import file.
- Choose each field name from the Import File Field Name list. Not all fields have to be imported. To skip fields during the import, choose Do Not Import.
- Click on the Next button. The following screen displays
- Sage One will let you know if your data was successfully imported. If you encountered errors, Sage One has an option to view a log file detailing the errors that were encountered.